MLN 2018 is the first edition of the International Conference on Machine Learning for Networking. The goal of the conference is to provide a forum for scientists, engineers and researchers to discuss and exchange novel ideas, results, experiences and work-in-process on all aspects of Machine Learning and Networking. Each year, MLN attendees will appreciate and benefit from multidisciplinary exchanges on these hot topics. MLN 2018 will be held from November 27th to November 29th, 2018 in Paris, France.
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal, to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mln2018 .
The accepted papers wil be published as a post-proceedings in Springer’s LNCS. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series is indexed by the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S), included in ISI Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), ACM Digital Library, dblp, Google Scholar, Scopus, etc.
Topics of interest include and are not limited to:
- Deep and Reinforcement learning
- Pattern recognition and classification for networks
- Machine learning for network slicing optimization
- Machine learning for 5G system
- Machine learning for user behavior prediction
- New innovative machine learning methods
- Optimization of machine learning methods
- Performance analysis of machine learning algorithms
- Experimental evaluations of machine learning
- Data mining in heterogeneous networks
- Machine learning for multimedia
- Machine learning for Internet of Things
- Machine learning for security and protection
- Distributed and decentralized machine learning algorithms
- Intelligent cloud-support communications
- Intelligent ressource allocation
- Intelligent energy-aware/green communications
- Intelligent software defined networks
- Intelligent cooperative networks
- Intelligent positioning and navigation systems
- Intelligent wireless communications
- Intelligent wireless sensor networks
- Intelligent underwater sensor networks
Position papers are also welcome and should be clearly marked as such.
PhD and MSc Students Forum
The PhD forum provides an opportunity for research students to show their original yet incomplete ‘work-in-progress’.
As a separate track of MLN, the PhD and MSc Students Forum aims at providing constructive feedback and guidance to students who are performing their dissertation research and to help them interact with established researchers and practitioners in their field.
- Paper submission: September 9, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: September 21, 2018
- Final manuscripts due: October 5, 2018
- Conference: November 27-29, 2018
Submissions must not be published or submitted to a journal and/or conference/workshop with proceedings. All submissions should be anonymous (i.e., no author names/affiliations and obvious citations). Submissions are to be made to the submission web site:
Only pdf files are accepted. Submissions not meeting the above guidelines will be rejected without other consideration.
Authors of accepted papers must present their papers at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present the paper.
Best paper award
All papers are eligible for the best paper award. The award will be announced at the conference.