*** Call for Papers and Participation ***
2nd KuVS Fachgespräch “Machine Learning and Networking”
Oct. 08/09, 2020
After the success of the first KuVS Fachgespräch “Machine Learning and Networking” in Munich in February 2020, the second edition of this workshop will be held in Würzburg on October 8 and 9, 2020.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI), in particular deep learning, has led to breakthroughs in various domains such as image recognition or natural language processing.This workshop focuses on the topic of ML/AI in the context of communication networks. It aims to discuss research visions and results as well as opportunities and challenges in the intersection of these two areas. The workshop looks for contributions and ideas that provide useful combinations of ML/AI approaches to address networking challenges on all layers from MAC to Application.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Data mining & visualization, statistical modeling, and big data analytics for networking data
* Frameworks or tools for data analytics or visualization for networking data
* Time series predictions for networking data such as traffic demands, failures, etc.
* AI/ML algorithms for anomaly detection and attack step prediction in network security
* Protocol design and optimization using ML/AI
* Deep learning and reinforcement learning in network control & management
* Resource allocation for virtualized networks using machine learning
* Machine learning & transfer learning for prediction of networking data & control decisions
* Practical implementations or experience with ML/AI in networking
* Self-learning and adaptive networking protocols and algorithms
* Self-X networks: Self-learning, self-driving, self-repairing, etc.
* New concepts like empowerment for quantifying and improving ML/AI-based concepts
Two forms of contribution are possible:
* Title, abstract and reference of previously published work to present and discuss it in the KuVS community.
* Title and abstract for a visionary talk, a project or teaching report, or presentation of original work.
* All contributions should be submitted as PDF documents. Submissions may be up to 2 pages long and should be formatted according to the IEEE conference layout.
* Link to submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kuvsfgmln2020
The KuVS Fachgespräch is all about in-depth discussions within the community about the presented works, so we plan to have a physical meeting in Würzburg. Due to the Corona situation, we additionally prepare to enable online participation in case people cannot travel, or might have a fully online event if a physical meeting will not be possible. Thanks to our sponsors, only a small registration fee of € 20 will be charged for the participation in the workshop.
* Submission deadline: 14.08.2020
* Notification of acceptance: 21.08.2020
* Final submission/Camera-ready version and registration: 28.08.2020
* Workshop date: 08./09.10.2020
* Michael Seufert, University of Würzburg
* David Hock, Infosim
Technical Program Committee (preliminary):
* Robert Bauer, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
* Andreas Blenk, TU Munich
* Pedro Casas, Austrian Institute of Technology
* Hauke Heseding , Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
* Oliver Hohlfeld, Brandenburg University of Technology
* Tobias Hoßfeld, University of Würzburg
* Frank Kargl, Ulm University
* Holger Karl, Paderborn University
* Wolfgang Kellerer, TU Munich
* Stefan Köhler, Infosim
* Michael Menth, University of Tübingen
* Amr Rizk, Ulm University
* Stefan Schmid, University of Vienna
* Stefan Schneider, Paderborn University
* Oliver Waldhorst, Hochschule Karlsruhe
* Martina Zitterbart, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology