CALL FOR PAPERS
MDPI Sensors Special Issue: “AI-Enabled Cognitive Radio Networks”
The unprecedented surge in data traffic experienced over the last decade
has stretched the telecommunications wireless networks to their capacity,
thus making increasingly necessary more efficient ways of spectrum
utilization. In this context, Cognitive Radio (CR) technologies have
attracted the interest of the research community over the last years as an
enabler for dynamic spectrum access.
Recently, the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies in
communications networks has revolutionized how networks are managed. The
adoption of AI promises self-adaptive and reconfigurable networks able to
provide reliability, energy and spectrum efficiency, etc. Based on its
potential, AI is anticipated as a cornerstone of future cognitive radio and
spectrum sharing solutions.
This Special Issue targets novel research contributions on AI-enabled
Cognitive Radio Networks. Specific topics of interest include, but are not
– Challenges and issues in designing AI-enabled cognitive radio
networks and communications.
– Cross-layer design and optimisation of AI-enabled cognitive
– Machine Learning, Deep Learning or (Deep) Reinforcement Learning
algorithms for spectrum access.
– Traffic and/or Interference prediction for spectrum sharing.
– AI-based algorithms to improve wireless communications systems
– Novel spectrum sensing algorithms.
– Quality of service in AI-enabled cognitive radio networks.
Sensors is covered by leading indexing services, including the Science
Citation Index Expanded (SCIE – Web of Science), PubMed/MEDLINE, Scopus,
etc. The latest Impact Factor for the year 2018 is 3.031, and the five-year
Impact Factor is 3.302.
*Submission deadline: 15 August 2020*
For further information, please follow this link: